10 10 10 @ Freeman Farm

Sunday, October 10, 2010




































































At 10 am on 10-10-10 we were driving through Prescott on our way to Chino Valley's Freeman Farm. There are family traditions I grew up with, some we continue with Ethan and some we've created. One of them is going to a "real" pumpkin patch each October to pick our pumpkins off the vine. I remember picking pumpkins in Carmel Valley as a youngster. At Freeman Farm, they also have entertainment, rides, a corn maze, petting zoo and horse shows. They had wild west shows and a face painter this year, too. When we were riding the train, two train robbers stopped us. Ethan's lip started to quiver and I knew the tears were about to come until the robber leaned over and offered a lollipop! Ethan had fun getting a glittery spider tattoo (this after much convincing...he wanted his whole face painted like Spiderman and I just couldn't have that with pictures yet to be take in the patch!). After a burger lunch, the boys enjoyed their big bag of kettle corn. We finished our day in the patch. We found three perfect pumpkins that Ethan was proud to cut and bought a few others that had already been cut. We'll be visiting another farm later this week where I want to get a giant pumpkin for carving on Halloween! Happy October! :)

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: