Farmer's Markets & Food Trucks

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ok, I'm obsessed! I've always been one for supporting locals first. I love the farmer's markets, the unique finds and friendly people you meet. But now I'm all about the food trucks, especially after watching the Food Truck Challenge on the Food Network with Tyler Florence. My brother Jason, who lives in Los Angeles, eats off of them regularly. The Nom Nom truck was a favorite on the Food Truck Challenge and Jason has eaten their goods in LA. Jealous! Phoenix has entirely different rules though. They aren't food truck friendly. I have no clue why. We've slowly started meeting some of the food truck owners and they are awesome people, putting out awesome eats! Tonight we ran down to the PHX Farmer's Market to grab some goodies and dinner from Short Leash Hot Dogs and dessert from Torched Goodness. Chatted with Jeff of Truckin' Good Food, too. So, if you're curious and you live in Phoenix, let me know when you want to check out the trucks and local goods. Ethan enjoys going, too! His favorite - vanilla creme brulee! And clearly, I'm never going to be thin!

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: