
Getting away from the heat is always a good thing in the summer. We planned Ethan's first trip to Monterey over the 4th of July. Come to find out, the big firework show had been cancelled and there was a $1,000 fine for anyone lighting off their own fireworks, but we still had a fun week despite Ethan's double ear infection (always happens traveling to colder climates). We visited Lover's Point, the aquarium, Cannery Row, the wharf, 17 mile drive, several beach and tide pool areas and even made it into the Salinas Valley. I grew up 1/2 way between Monterey and Salinas, near the famous Laguna Seca Raceway. We saw some old friends, visited our former favorite restaurants and decided we are really thankful to live in Phoenix. I just wish we had a Cheese Shop (not to be missed in the Carmel Plaza). Some our our best memories are shared here in photos.






1 comments:
What a fun vacation! I loved seeing all the pictures! We went for spring break so we could get one last trip in before heading to the midwest. I am sure Ethan adored all the little tide pools!
Post a Comment