Beautiful Kauai

Monday, June 6, 2011

A week in Kauai is never enough! In between the many rain showers (and I mean down pours!), we were able to geocache, visit Waimea Canyon (looks like the Grand Canyon), water slide at the condo, snorkel in the Pacific Ocean, visit a goat farm (known for their goat cheese), see the Smith Family luau and zip line over breathtaking canyons where Jurassic Park, Raiders of the Lost Ark and other movies were filmed (we even repelled down a waterfall!). We celebrated Ethan's 4th birthday at the luau where he learned to hula dance! And, he snorkeled for the first time by himself off of Kee Beach where he discovered the Hawaiian humu fish and many angelfish (while his Uncle ventured further out to find monk seals, an octopus and several eels - no thank you!). I conquered my fear of heights quickly by zipping 100's of feet in the air which ended up being more fun than scary. All in all, another amazing adventure with the Harris Family.



0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: