In the spring I had a workshop for some of my student teachers and several of us got to talking about starting a craft club, which soon evolved into a cooking club. Two of us decided to make it happen, somewhat like a Bunco group, but for foodies and those connected in some way to ASU. Everyone is a mom and a teacher of some sort. I had the pleasure of hosting the first gathering with a "Fruitilicious" theme. What fun! We had French Martinis with raspberries, lemon balsamic chicken, pear jello, pineapple salad, prosciutto wrapped melon, puff pastries with plums, apples and cheese baked on top along with a cheesecake covered in fresh berries for dessert. Next month's theme is "World Tour" and I have to plan an appetizer. I've got to scour my cookbooks for the perfect recipe unless you're willing to share one of your favorites! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment