Yesterday, Becca came over in the morning. We were both child-free. Becca offered to help me make Ree Drummond's Cinnamon Rolls because I swore to her I never could make anything turn out requiring yeast as an ingredient. My mom has said for years I need to learn to make a good pie dough, too. Dough of any kind just scares me!
So, I figured if we were going to the trouble of spending 3-4 hours making one batch of rolls (50 of them), we might as well double the batch! 10 sticks of butter, 6 cups of sugar, 9 cups of whole milk and a few more ingredients later (notice I listed the delicious but killer foods first) we had turned out 100 rolls, equivalent to 13 baking dishes! You do the calorie count. These obviously are meant to be enjoyed while you pretend they aren't some 600+ calories a roll (I'm just guessing). The best part is you can freeze them and give them as gifts. I've already given away half of them and the report is everyone LOVES them. John and Ethan gave me the thumbs up, too. Clearly, Becca was a good teacher!
My pictures cannot even begin to do the whole project justice so I'll include one, but then you have to jump on over to Ree's site for the full on recipe and pictures.






0 comments:
Post a Comment