It All Began With Slide Rock

Wednesday, July 28, 2010


14+ years ago John and I met online, when online meant AOL and Prodigy. We were in the Arizona Room on AOL talking about the famous Slide Rock in Sedona, Arizona. In all these 14+ years we've never been, until yesterday. It wasn't John coming along for the fun, but my friend Jen and her boys, Ethan's best friends, Carter and Hudson. Thankfully, we went during the week which meant 100's of people visiting instead of 1,000's. It was a good 2.5 hour drive. The weather was beautiful. The water was COLD, but the slides were fun! The boys preferred catching minnows over sliding, except Hudson who was the pro rock slider. He'll be doing the White Water Rapids and cliff diving one day! Ethan, Hudson and I slipped on the rocks multiple times. I took two falls and splits. No broken bones and I saved the camera both times. So, enjoy our videos and pictures while I recover from the pain. Let me know when you want to brave the rock slides with us! :)

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: