Meeting Willy Wonka

Sunday, May 16, 2010





















One of my favorite books and movie growing up was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The Johnny Depp version wasn't near as good, even though I like Johnny Depp and have his autograph on my office wall. When I heard the Valley Youth Theatre was putting on the show I bought front row tickets early, hoping it would be as good as the original book and movie. It was amazing! We laughed so hard and met the characters afterwards, all while enjoying Willy Wonka bars of our own. The highlight was just before intermission. Charlie found the golden ticket in his candy bar. As he did, Ethan yelled out, "He got the ticket!" Some of the audience members thought he was part of the show. To see Ethan get so excited (and not know the story) was so sweet.

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: