Sleep? What's that?

Monday, April 19, 2010


Sleeping has been an issue lately. Ethan can seem to survive on no nap and staying up all hours of the night. We've tried everything, including putting the dog gate up in front of his bedroom door to keep him wrangled in there. :)

Mom: Ethan it's almost time for bed. Two more books and then into bed you go. Do you understand me?
Ethan: Yes.
Mom: Ethan, it's almost time for bed. One more book and then into bed you go. Do you understand me?

Ethan: Yes.
Mom: Ok, time for bed. Let's get you snuggled up under the covers. Froggy, snoopy and lamb are all with you and ready for bed. Here's your water. Do you want your music on?
Ethan: No.
Mom: Ok, I'm turning off the lights. I'll see you in the morning. You have a good night and sweet dreams. I love you.
Ethan: I can't see you Mom. Turn on the lights.
Mom: You don't need to see me. I'm right here. It's time for bed.
Ethan: I can't see you Mom. Sleep with me Mom.
Mom: Mommy has things to get done. You need to lay down and go to sleep. I'll be right down the hall. I'll come back in 5 minutes to check on you.
Ethan: (Already out of bed, trying to follow Mom down the hall.)
Mom: (Keeps putting Ethan back in bed after getting out. Eventually the dog gate goes up.)
Ethan: (Crying, then silence and eventually standing in front of Mom again.)
Mom: Ethan, what are you doing out of your room? Why aren't you sleeping?
Ethan: I can't see you. I need you. I love you.
Mom: How did you get out of your room with the dog gate (very curious)?
Ethan: I pushed and I pushed it down.
Mom: Do you see my face? What kind of face is this?
Ethan: Mad face.
Mom: Why do you think it's a mad face?
Ethan: I'm not sleeping.
Mom: Ok, so you need to go to bed. You need your rest. Your bed or mine. Pick one and go lay down. (Kisses and hugs.)
Ethan: (Runs into our bedroom with duck.)
Mom: (About 10 minutes later, he's at the door and only 5 feet away from me. I have to carry him to his bed.)

Can you say separation anxiety?

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: