Learning to Ride a Bike

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ethan has been practicing little by little since Easter when GG and Lenny gave him a new green bike and helmet. Daddy-o initially raised the back tire off the ground so Ethan could pedal without going anywhere. He was having a hard time pedaling forward. Breaking came easy.
He really took off in the last week, with a few more pedals a day. And then today, he not only rode down our street and back several times (!!), he rode with me about another 1/2 mile around the neighborhood! Yes, he has training wheels, but to ride that far really amazed me! I think we're biking all the way to the park tomorrow. He loves it! Now I just need a bike instead of borrowing Daddy-o's bike. :)

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: