Swim Lessons

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The last two summers we've tried swim lessons with Ethan. Neither really worked - too young, wrong instructor? Not sure. But, Ethan loves the water and with our upcoming June trip to Turks and Caicos (which sits between the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands), he just needed to try lessons again and become more comfortable in the water. He loves the bath, but a bathtub and an ocean are two totally different things. If I could just pour some salt into the bathtub along with some coral and fish, he might be better prepared for what's to come. We'll wait on those things because they aren't my favorite! If I could scuba dive or snorkel in a pool, I'd be most happy. Worrying about what is going to touch me, sting me or eat me under the water is a problem! The fact that I swam with sting rays in the Cayman Islands was a miracle! To be honest, I wasn't swimming. I was clinging onto John for dear life so the miracle is John didn't drown. I want Ethan to have an amazing ocean experience so here's to swim lessons 2x a week. He's already going under water. Yay!

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: