Caught In the Act

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Today was a sad day for John and I. It started last night, actually. Ethan was having a hard time getting to bed. I put him in the crib after a lot of hee-hawing around and he screamed and screamed after I left. I was watching him on the baby monitor. All of a sudden, one leg hiked over the side of the crib and down he slid to the ground. Our baby could now GET OUT OF THE CRIB! I ran to his room, he ran to me with tears down his face and we snuggled together in his rocking chair until he fell asleep. This morning we awoke not to the alarm clock, but to the routine "Mommy! Daddy!" I was so tired from the night prior I sent John to get Ethan. Where was he? Not in the crib! He was laying in Skippy's dog bed (Skippy usually sleeps in Ethan's bedroom), smiling from ear to ear. He got his morning milk and came back to snuggle with me. We had a talk about climbing out of the crib. Tonight, we had the talk again. I said, "You need to stay in your crib." "No, Mom, climb out." I said, "Then, you come and get Mommy when you climb out." "Come to Mommy's bed." So, we'll keep the crib for awhile with a lower bar until we buy a big boy bed. Sad, sad... the crib days are soon over.



0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: