Fun in Rim Country

Monday, July 27, 2009































We spent a long weekend up in Blue Ridge at our friend's cabin. I had my first experience in changing a car tire after I flattened it just before arriving. Usually AAA is my first call, but my Dad thought it was about time I learned how to change a tire. A lot easier than I thought. We drove up to Winslow on Saturday so Ethan could see the trains and the last of the greatest railroad hotels, La Posada. We stopped by Meteor Crater, something John wanted to see. It looks like just a big hole in the ground, but the most well preserved of all meteor craters on Earth. NASA has trained there. We spent Sunday trying to fish in the rain. John was a little rusty. Ethan went screaming after seeing a crawdad near his toes (I had the same experience earlier in the day). I don't even like the little fish near me! I was happy to take pictures and watch from afar. Otherwise, relaxing at the cabin was just a nice change of pace.

0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: