The Beaches and Tidepools

Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Snakes, snakes." - Ethan. "What is he saying about snakes?" - Mom. So, it took me a good minute to figure out that my child, unfamiliar with seaweed, sea otters, scuba divers and seashells, was relating the kelp to snakes. No wonder he was clinging for dear life on those rocks. The crabs didn't help the matter, either. It was funny afterwards. That's pretty smart to make that comparison without ever seeing a real snake! Goes to show you that you learn what you are surrounded with and in Arizona that means scorpions, cactus, coyotes and javelinas. You may also be wondering why everyone is wearing a jacket? It was 50 degrees outside, not to mention windy and the water even colder! We're actually happy to be home in 110 degrees.













































0 comments:

 
Summer 2009 -now, sit down, I love you, please mommy, thank you, bless you, mine, (you're) welcome, cool dude, stop it, grammie's house, get down ippy (skippy), woah dude, come on, ethan outside, get it, airplane clouds, daddy work, milky, noopy (Snoopy), tv on, do it, uppie (up). Fall 2009 - oh my gosh, daddy-o, naughty, ethan tired, please you're welcome, bon appetite, more please, fruit snacky, cool. Winter 2010 - I'm mad at you, dam, oh darn, I'm the most handsome boy in the world, thank you, come on, cock-a-doodle-doo, delicious, oh goodness sakes. Spring 2010 - think think think, I sure can, of course I can, cool, I need you, I love you, you're welcome, I don't know that, why. Summer 2010 - good idea, there's monsters in there, you're my best friend, it's the coolest ever, oh poop, excuse me, dangit, darnit, oh nuts, now. Winter 2011 - I love you, you're my best friend, you're my girl. Spring 2011 - mommy-o, pain in ass, you're the best mommy ever

blog design by: